Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon tiles - a small project

Hey Torstan,

thanks for coming up with this so quickly its really awesome, I have one small problem though. Having followed the instructions and printed it all out. My tiles are only coming out at 3/4 of an inch not 1 inch. I have double checked the resolution grid size etc and everything seems ok being set to 100ppi. It all looks fine on screen.

Any help appreciated. Not sure if this was the best place to post, feel free to move/delete so it does not clutter up your great tutorial.

Thanks

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Can you post the jpg, and the .xcf file to here? You'll have to zip the .xcf file and upload it as a .zip, but that should be fine. Then I can go into your file and figure out where it is going wrong.

Here are the files as requested.. thanks for your continued patience with this noob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corridor.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	12023  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your image is perfectly good. THe problem is that your printer is shrinking it to fit on the page. You need to either crop the image tightly so that it fits inside the margins of an A4 or letter page (go to Image->Canvas Size and pick 11x8 inches and make sure the image fits).

If you need larger images than will fit on one sheet of A4, use posterazor to cut up the image into printer friendly chunks.

Looking good! THe only price I charge for the use of these is that after you've made your tiles and used them in the game that you take a photo and post it here

Hey Torstan,

Just wanted to post a quick note to say thanks. I have had a lot of fun with this so far, although worked out early on that even though the walls look great I need to leave them off, otherwise I will have to do 101 different variations and sizes to be able to lay these out in mutliple configurations.

For now the my little project has hit a dead end as the foam i was gluing the prints to is either to thin or reacting to the glue (despite being told its the right stuff for the job) and has curled up all other the place not ideal for laying down dungeons.. oh well..

Despite all that it was fun to try and I may just give it a go printing out on paper.

This is why I quickly changed from tiles to separate walls and floors too. Making specific rooms from scratch quickly limits you to very particular layouts. Perhaps a load of walls printed out to card would be the way forward? Medium weight card and a home printer should do the job.

I'm glad you had fun with it. If you pick it up again, I'd love to see them in action.

I always thought that ohp transparencies would be good for walls...

Set dressing items now added to the 100px set. I'd be gragetful for any comments.

Off internet now for a week. I'll be back next Monday. Enjoy!

I lurk around here alot, altough I havent gotten to make much of my own cartography and sharing it, I do find myself vigourously checking your tileset thread for updates.

I think its great that you're doing these and Ive already recomended them to the DM of the VirtualTabletop game that I'm in.

Rockon! and let us know what other goodies are in store

I'm glad you like them. Future goodies will include an updated version of these items with a generic drop shadow - as well as being straightened up so they can be easily dropped in. Then more of the outdoor stuff. Sadly outdoor maps don't fit to grids too easily so it's taking a little longer to nail down the requirements for outdoor tiles.

Guild Apprentice

Don't want to leech too much, but we seem to have the same final goal in mind: making tiles until every terrain configuration is covered.

I've only made slopes and cliffs so far (as you know, not even in 100 px), but I really hope my stuff will be compatible with yours. I'll pick up the slack and see if I can't get water and beaches to work.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast