Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon tiles - a small project

This look fantastic. I had all but given up on maptool for actually making the maps, because it was a pain in the arse having to try and line everything up, instead of walls actually snapping to the grid like in CC3/DD3.

Forgive my ignorance, as i am only new to the mapping side of things, but with these symbols, should they be just added as is, as in if i want a wall longer then 1 unit (5 ft), i should put down the 5ft wall multiple times in a row, instead of just resizing the 5 ft wall to be longer?

Blog Entries

Yeah I did a sample dungeon using these tiles here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

You should use them as is. You can download them within maptool now by going to Add to Library -> RPTools -> Art Packs (I think).

Then drop the walls on the background layer. No need to resize them - they should just work. That's why there's larger wall sections to avoid the need to repeatedly place single wall sections.

Ehm...I'd like to share my work. I did this a long time ago, but I stopped this project because I had no time to continue it. I think that it can fit with Torstan's awesome tileset and if Torstan likes it I give him permission to integrate it with his tileset, even with the brilliant maptool (there's no condition in using it, it's totally free). Anyway, here the stuff with a little example:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

They're very nicely done. Good job! As for having them as part of the pack - I think it's best for you to set up your own zip and send them in to Dorpond at rptools. The packs have their own licensing - that require attribution if reposted - so it's not a good idea to mix authors. Also, the pack has a note that directs people to my site if they like the tiles, so I'd prefer the tiles and contents that people see to be mine, or I'd be dishonestly trading off the work of others. I think your stuff is great, and very useful. Even a small pack should be welcome on the rptools boards so I'd send this to dorpond and put up a thread with these in User Creations forum over there.

Really good stuff.

Torstan, these are really great looking tiles. I don't know how I missed this thread for so long but it makes me worry about what other cool things I'm missing. Anyway, I think these will get me back to working on Maptool sooner than I had expected.

I was wondering since I haven't downloaded your zip yet if I can build a dungeon in Gimp and then save it and use it in Maptool or do I need to build it directly within Maptool? I would prefer to create it in Gimp because then I can customize it more.

Thanks again for this huge labor of love
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Wow, I'm happy you like it. I love your work and I find it inspiring . And I think that maptool is a great VTT (the only regret about it is that is not really storytelling-oriented; from this point of view I prefer FG2, but the map function is unbeatable).
    Well, about my work, I don't want to be mentioned, really. It's just for the sake of sharing . So, eventually, you could present it like your work and it wouldn't be a problem for me . Thank You!
    Last edited by Raskat; 04-30-2010 at 05:37 PM.

@Raskat - that's kind of you, but I will keep them separate. However I really do think you should get dorpond to include this as an item pack. It's a perfect size for easy incorporation..

@Jaxilion - Yep, quite a few people missed this one for a while. I'm glad you found it and that it's useful! This pack lets you build dungeons within maptool, but it certainly isnt the only wa to do it. You can absolutely create a jpg dungeon in gimp and import it into maptool and then use the set dressing items to deck it out.

Ok, I'll make a post in the rptools' forum and I will contact dorpond as you said. Thank you ^^.

Absolutely beautiful. My maptool friends and I are going to love these!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast