Thread: Starting a map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Concerning your coastlines, you have the little wiggles looking very nice. I think what's bothering you, though, is the lack of big wiggles. Remember that a fractal has the same level of complexity at every level of detail. So your coastlines should meander around a bit more, I think.

The degree sign can be typed using option-shift-8 on a Macintosh or Alt-0176 in Windows. That will work in any program. Also, if you have a normal Windows installation, Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map will open a little application that can show you all the glyphs in any installed font. You can copy them from there or look in the lower-right corner to see the Alt code to type them. You can access the glyphs in Illustrator by going to Type > Glyphs.

Finally, you may upload your images directly to this site using the paper clip icon at the top of the posting window. If you don't have the tools visible, click "Go advanced" and they will appear. There are advantages to using the forum to host your images: if your current host vanishes, or you cancel your account with them, or whatever, your images will remain here attached to your post indefinitely. Also, the forum software automatically creates a thumbnail, and clicking it opens a wider view, allowing you to post larger images without stretching the viewport.

I know that's a lot of answers to questions you didn't ask, but they were the ones I felt good about answering!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	11249  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name