Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wreckers Reef

*applause*
    Love the water colouring specially in this one. And the panorama surprise of course! Just too bad we can't see the Jadefire Helm on it. Looks so much more interesting than the Temple o Boral to me.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I saw this map earlier and was waiting for a chance to comment here on the guild. It looks wonderful and the side-on perspective in comparison to the top-down map is really cool.

Also, they can now eat their Blue salt with the limes and lemons... That is a completely healthy (and tasty?) mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Wonderful map John! Such varied terrain and organic layout. This will be a great gaming map!
    Thanks Bogie
    I think the campaign this is part of will be pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Beautiful, as always ! The perspective view looks amazing, the swamp area is wonderful, and what could we say about the docks and ships ? Perfect, just perfect !
    Thank you Beee
    Ships can be a difficult. I always find ways to simplify mine. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretton View Post
    *applause*
    Love the water colouring specially in this one. And the panorama surprise of course! Just too bad we can't see the Jadefire Helm on it. Looks so much more interesting than the Temple o Boral to me.
    Thanks Bretton
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I saw this map earlier and was waiting for a chance to comment here on the guild. It looks wonderful and the side-on perspective in comparison to the top-down map is really cool.

Also, they can now eat their Blue salt with the limes and lemons... That is a completely healthy (and tasty?) mix!
    Thanks Arimel
    Hehe, yes!!! It's a colorful island full of inebriated seamen. badumbum

Everything from the water to the buildings to boats looks astounding! I don't even know what to say beyond simply: amazing! The perspective drawing of the town itself raises it to another level. Just outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward II of Kenland View Post
    Everything from the water to the buildings to boats looks astounding! I don't even know what to say beyond simply: amazing! The perspective drawing of the town itself raises it to another level. Just outstanding!
    Thanks so much, Edward

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

what a talent! As usual, I'm taking notes: the shoreline is particularly well done and this double point of view that I can't manage to master always blows me away.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    what a talent! As usual, I'm taking notes: the shoreline is particularly well done and this double point of view that I can't manage to master always blows me away.
    Thanks Joel
    It takes time. It is still hard for me depending on what is in the scene.
    Trial and error and practice will win out in the end.

Some of the best things I've seen to study is people's drone photos of beaches in certain parts of the world.
    They give a great above view of these areas.

Another masterful piece.

I'm impressed by the way you managed do draw this side view while remaining perfectly consistant with the building's configuration.

Also, the colors are a treat for the eye, especially the blue watery zones... A particularly refreshing sight these days.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Another masterful piece.

I'm impressed by the way you managed do draw this side view while remaining perfectly consistant with the building's configuration.

Also, the colors are a treat for the eye, especially the blue watery zones... A particularly refreshing sight these days.
    Thanks Marc
    It's a challenge, no doubt.
    I might say that it is getting a bit easier... maybe.

I think I already commented on Twitter, but I love this one! It's my favorite of your little journey maps so far. I especially like the fabric awnings over the streets - it really gives the place character and culture. Is this an otter town?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast