Thread: [WIP] From Cloud-watcher to Cartographer

Wip [WIP] From Cloud-watcher to Cartographer

Hi, I thought I would share my newest project with you.

I took some pictures of a few inspiring cloud formations on my walk earlier today, and picked out this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8qNjp6s.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	124010

After about half an hour later in CC3, I ended up with this:

Name:	VhhUa6b.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	124011

I took a few liberties when drawing the landmasses, but I generally followed the clouds. Some of the inner blue spots I plan to depict with lakes later.

I plan on posting more updates when I get the time to continue my work, the plan is to make a world map in the Spectrum Overland style

It's any cartographers dream to map clouds. I'll be looking forward to see how this one develops

Wow, that's an approach i didn't think of... i usually see the clouds in 3D rather than a map, but it is indeed fascinating

I had a bit more time to continue on my cloud world (which I have not named yet).

I made a few changes to the land mass, and then placed mountains, rivers, and lakes.

Name:	OUd2nDW.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	528.0 KB 
ID:	124023

Next up is vegetation

very cool!
    I'm looking out my window at a flat overcast sky, but this inspires me to keep an eye out for good 'landmass' cloud shapes. especially as they conveniently come with a 'ocean' background!

Thanks!

After a few weeks without computer, I spent a bit of time on the project today. I started with adding some shallow water near the shore, and painted the terrain of the different landmasses. I also promised vegetation, and I've got some down, but there's still more to do.

Name:	Cloudania04.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	5.25 MB 
ID:	124408