Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Working on a publication: Kaidan

Post Thank god for having skills!

OK, for sure, now, my first adventure "Gaijin" for The Gift mini-campaign arc for Kaidan will be released this Wednesday at EnWorld RPGNow, at the Paizo Store, on the D5 website, as well as my own - and Lulu.com for dead tree versions.

However, I've been talking on FourUglyMonsters.com and RPTools Forums and have got some volunteers to work on the Fantasy Grounds and MapTool versions of those adventures that should be ready for release within two weeks of the Wednesday's release.

Of course, nobody wants to do the work for free, so at least one of them is planning to create their on Savage World products and is willing to do all the coding for Fantasy Grounds - with a payment in Cartography services for his upcoming publication.

Like all first time publishers, I'm on a very tight budget, lucky for me, I'm getting lots of the work done in exchange for the one currency I have lots of: decent cartography skills - thank god for that, otherwise I could never afford to publish (the publisher and the other writer is being "paid" that way too.)

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congrats GP!

Must feel good to see your vision 'come to life'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Like all first time publishers, I'm on a very tight budget, lucky for me, I'm getting lots of the work done in exchange for the one currency I have lots of: decent cartography skills - thank god for that, otherwise I could never afford to publish (the publisher and the other writer is being "paid" that way too.)
    An age old solution! Great work and great luck GP! Assuming someone decides to cut me a paycheck, I'll buy a copy when it comes out!

Congrats!!!

Thats the way to go, help each other, so the industry gets stronger and the players can have great quality products. XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

As GamerPrinter's main "word monkey" I'd have to say it's good to have it out there. Hope you all like it and you have a great time with it in your homegames.

There is plenty more to come and all-in-all the Gift is going to just be the tip of the Kaidan Iceberg.

Post Delay, but FG version going strong

My publisher's main editor is dragging her feet in the final editing of the adventure module, so its been delayed a few more days (argh!)

However, regarding the Fantasy Grounds 2 version of the module, I've been sent the graphics files that accompany FG, so I can create a custom background "skin" and custom icons to replace the existing ones to ensure, that once complete, the FG version of the module, will have a solid and distinctively oriental "look" so that it looks totally professional.

That's some good news, at least.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Well, let us know when you have it in store, so we can go and buy it XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Post Samurai illustration in Xara

Decided that I was in the mood for an illustration, versus a map or anything else, besides I need more illustrations of samurai not wearing armor. So I created this tonight in about the last two hours. No pen work here, just a mouse, some photos composited for tracing, all done in Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the art and illustration is what's costing me the most in this project, so as much as I can do myself, saves me money in the long run - its just finding the time to do all this. I need more B/W illustrations anyway...

It probably needs a couple tweaks before I shove this into a publication...

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samurai-xara.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	605.6 KB 
ID:	17514  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-07-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Tweaked

The samurai has been tweaked! You'll be seeing him in publication a lot sooner than you think.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samurai-xara.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	578.8 KB 
ID:	17518  
    DrivethruRPG store

Nice work. The shading on the left cheek needs some attention: I can see lighter-colored spots on the border of the two darker shades. The angle of the sword's handle doesn't quite match the angle of the hand holding it. If he is wearing wrapped cloth on his head like it seems, it might be a good idea to make it a bit darker so that it doesn't look so similar to skin color in a black & white image.

Why is he standing out there by the castle with his sword drawn, BTW?
    Last edited by Ghostman; 10-08-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast