Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Working on a publication: Kaidan

Congrats. That's not a bad range, really, for a first time product with word-of-mouth advertising. I would be pretty happy if my first sold 100 total. Make it 43...I'm planning on getting a copy as soon as I have my CC and computer in the same room and remember to go to your site.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great News GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That's fantastic, GP! Grats!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's great news! Glad it's going well.

Post Thanks!

Thanks everybody! And though I can't count them, there are 3 stuck in unfinished shopping carts in the payment process, and 14 are on RPG Now wishlists... but what does that mean, unless an actual purchase is made.

Still getting sales is good.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Sounds Good!
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Yay! I now have 100% control and ownership of Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting once again!

Since I plan to now do the publication as an imprint under Rite Publishing, I need to wait until Quillon (Steve Russel) gets two Open Design Project patronage projects out the door, then we will hit hard to rework the first adventure (as well as the second and third) to get it re-released probably sometime in June. While I am still the primary developer, concept writer, art director, illustator and cartographer, I have also been the primary author - but my writing skills are a bit weak, compared to all those other tasks I do. Steve is recruiting Jonathon McNaulty - one of the writers from Kobold Quarterly to rewrite the adventures professionally. This is a huge relief on my part, adventure writing is serious work, and as I say, I simply lack the talent as a writer to get the professional kind of product I really want out of this publication.

We plan to make some mechanical changes, and otherwise tweak aspects of Kaidan as I have developed it so far. I've recently figured out certain elements that needed work that has to be included in the product. I have made a table to work out the Reincarnation/Death Spirit Possession mechanic for the setting. I've reworked how Honor and Reputation works in the setting, especially for Samurai (but all classes have some reflection for Honor and Reputation as well). I've also run out of money to purchase more art, but Steve/Rite Publishing will now take over that cost - I've spent almost $800 in art so far, so that's a relief on my budget as well.

I've been in a 6 months negotiaion, with Steve's participation in buying out Dementia 5 Publishing (my original partner in the publication). Steve did give up in the end, as that publisher has put up a fight in making this transition possible. However, I finally got him to agree on releasing to me - so the negotiation has finally been settled. As I said, I now own it 100%.

This has been a long time coming, and now its just about time to get this back on the market.

Hurray, is all I can really say.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-07-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations. I knew some of what this entailed and I'm very pleased for you that you have full control. Nice to be able to welcome you into the Rite Publishing fold!

Congrats!
    M

This will do the project well i think... Glad to see firmly back in the hands of someone who's willing to push it along...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast