Thread: Working on a publication: Kaidan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Yeah, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I thought Manga was the company that imported a lot of the Japanese art and the term got coined for the style of art since they were the only company doing it. Maybe I am completely wrong tho - I am not into it in anything more than a token way.

I have a question about the Kaiden stuff too. Will the maps for it be CC licensed in the same way as the rest of the CWBP ? You said it would be expensive to produce which would be hard to reconcile with the free distribution model of CC stuff.
    Yeah, I know, which is part of the reason why I haven't created the map yet. Since I am the primary publisher, as well as the cartographer. I think I will make the whole island map as CC, but the specific maps used in the adventure arc as not.

The foreigner's port of Gaijinoshima really needs to be created first, then say one-third or one-fifth of the island - the provinces and ports on the western coast is the next map. These two may or may not be CC - but these are the maps that I plan to develope first. Then all the encounter scale maps for the adventure series will probably not be CC either.

Because I am the publisher/cartographer however, I think for marketing purposes to be able to produce some of the maps CC could help promote the product idea to a wider audience, especially since there's no cost in distribution.

As always, however, in the publication I will point to Gamer Printshop services so I can still profit from the CC maps, as well as the "All Rights Reserved" map.

Edit: the primary "cost" is illustration, for the initial downloadable only product, as maps, writing, editing are either me or work in exchange for maps, so the initial product should be fairly affordable. Once I go to a printed book format, its the printing and covers that is expensive.

GP

PS: the maps I am doing as "work exchange" will be for a Victorian Era vampire adventure mod.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-15-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations