Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Steel Remains

Praise

Quite the very nice map. I'm sure will investigate your tutorial, I very fond of the style.

I do have one question: what font did you use as subheading (“as realised by Richard Morgan...” etc.) for the legend? It seem perfect for a project I have...

Hi Blacky. Unfortunately I managed to delete all my working copies of the map and only have the jpg renders, and it's so long ago I can't remember! Sorry I wasn't much help.

Hello!

My name is Camilla, and like a few others here I registered to be able to see the map... And indeed it is a great-looking map, well done ravells! It's a joy to see it in full colour as it's meant to be. I'm currently reading The Cold Commands, but since there's no map included I figured I should find it online, and so I ended up here. What a nice forum this seems to be!

Hope to see your map in a future version of the book, too!

This map brought me to this forum. Lucky me there are a ton of other great maps to spend lots of time looking at. Thanks!

Gorgeous map ravells!

Thanks for the Map. Have been looking for it for a while. First time I tried to find it the site was down. I didn't know if the site was still going.
    Great work.
    Stephen

Literally just finished The Cold Commands this lunchtime and what do I find? The dedication to one Ravi Shankar. There's a familiar name I think and lo and behold... shame the map didn't make the second book Ravs, at least in the paperback version.

My... why is it so long since I've been here? Curse work and PC rebuilds...
    Tigon Ologdring
    Worldbuilder, Shieldsmith and Bannerman of Midnight

Hope your PC rebuild makes a mighty machine!

I got Cold Commands on the Kindle version so I thought the map wasn't included in that for legibility I had just assumed it was in the paperback. I can't understand why the map wasn't included in Cold Commands paperback- I'd already put in a couple of new cities which appeared there and not in the Steel Remains. Ah well. The really bad news is that somewhere down the line I have lost all the .psd files for those maps. I don't know what happened to them - so I've lost all the layers.

On his blog, Richard Morgan had a great phrase about e-reader features like 'time remaining in a chapter' and all the other stats:

"It’s a Dungeons and Dragons-style approximation via numbers of the physical experience you aren’t actually having."

I've got to use that in conversation sometime and appear really clever. Of course only a Geek will get the D&D reference.

Wait what?! They didn't put the map into the second book? Why ever not?! This is the stuff that makes me angry with publishers. If you have a map, put it in there, damn you!

Too bad, ravells, it really is a very nice map.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast