Thread: CC3/CD3 Questions about scaling and city maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good question about the size of the map. I don't think it really matters though, as CC3 is a CAD program. Meaning objects will scale and you can export maps at larger dimensions without quality loss.

I always start my city maps at the default 1000 x 800 pixels. If you want a small village you can place larger objects and you will run out of room quickly. Or if you want a large city, make the objects smaller and you will have a lot more room. Meaning I might place a size 5 tree in the village map, but place a size 1 tree in the city map.

Check out my city tutorials if you would like (link is in my signature). It will also explain how to add dirt patches (which can also be used to create a beach).
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Question A few more questions

Thank you for the reply. Its good to know that there wasn't an obvious answer to my question, beyond that it is a CAD program. This is my first time working with one of these, so I might not know the basics.

I have definitely been looking over your tutorials for help. Another question that I had is which features to start with, roads, beaches, etc? Does it really matter, or is it just trial and error? Personally, I can rack up a lot of trial and error.

Also is there any use for the grid function, like there is for doing dungeons and such? I have tried to set it up, as some of the map is set in blocks, but I cant seem to manage to get the grid to show up in any useful way.

Again, thanks for ALL the help. You all seem to have A LOT of patience.

Sheilyn