Thread: Fantasy Continent Map (Recreation of Past Work)

Guild Applicant

Map [TAKEN] Fantasy Continent Map (Recreation of Past Work)

Payment/Process Info

I'm looking to recreate my current digital setting map with greater quality. I'm relatively inexperienced with artistic commissions, and completely new to cartography commissions, so I'd lay my starting bid at $300, but note that it is open to a moderate degree of negotiation on both sides. I'm comfortable paying half up front and half upon completion through Paypal or Venmo. I would also prefer to work with the artist throughout the creation process if possible to ensure that the world as I see it in my mind is fully realized.

Quality and Style

As a rule, I'm not generally interested in having my map generated by software. I'd like for the map to appear somewhat hand-drawn, but it could still be created using computer software.

I like map features that feel "angular" or "bleak". An example of style that I personally enjoy is this hand-drawn map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hand-Drawn.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	124387

Conversely, I don't like maps that appear mottled, overly colorful, or "smooth". Here's an example of things that I personally do not enjoy (though I intend no offense to the original artist): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	124388

Ultimately, I'd like a vector map that at least attains semi-professional quality and has a resolution of about 1920x1080 (it's okay if smaller details are sacrificed to create larger scale). I'm not too sensitive to the timeline of creation, though I'd say a process any longer than 4 months would affect my willingness to commission an artist. Again, this is drawn from my knowledge of art commissions, feel free to correct me if I'm missing something here.

The World

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elios.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	124383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elios Eastern Confederation.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	124384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elios North.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	124385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elios Southwest.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	860.5 KB 
ID:	124386

The continent is large in scale, but most regions are limited in detail. I used a random generation software to create it, and as a result, most locations don't have particular value and don't need to be included. Deeper information on the world to inform stylistic decisions can be found within this Homebrewery page. I continuously update it as I build the world, but interested artists can talk to me about regions that I haven't yet developed.

Copyright

I've taken the standard clauses here, but these too can be negotiated.
    • I would like reproduction rights to the map
    • The artist will retain copyright of the map
    • I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Info

I am a new forum member, so if you are interested in this project, please send an email to the--stig--535--at--gmail.com (remove the dashes and replace the at with an @)

Thank you for your time and consideration!
    Last edited by Mot; 08-15-2020 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Updated status to taken

Hello,

My company specializes in more of a fantasy look when it comes to art and cartography. Our rates are very reasonable and you can see my portfolio at https://www.deviantart.com/positrongaming. You can also email me at PositronGaming2017@gmail.com if yo would want to talk more about the specifics and how pricing works. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Positron Gaming