To be honest, when I initially read this thread I was livid. As a creative professional I spend quite a lot of time making sure that the work I produce is original and high quality. When the thought occurs that someone would Gimp or Photoshop my work into there own piece, especially when 100% of the new piece comes from my original, I begin smoldering at the ears a bit. It's one thing to be inspired by another artist's work but here I must say that you have crossed a line into the realm of theft. Even though you're not selling the image and you discuss how it was made, it still leaves the impression that the majority of the work is your's when clearly it is not. As a result I must object.

You wouldn't collage another artist painting into a new piece without even touching a canvas with a brush and then claim that it's now your "painting" would you?

Why not create your own map with your own art in the "style" of Fallcrest? I dare say it might take a bit longer than four and a half hours though.

Additionally, if you begin to post Gimp brushes taken directly from my work for distribution then it may be Wizards of the Coast your hearing from instead of me.

I'm not demanding that the map you produced be removed because I believe this thread can serve to educate new artists and cartographers about the topic of infringment. The fact that you posted my Fallcrest map without a copyright or authorship note also bothers me but I'm sure you can fix that with a quick edit.

Mike