Thread: Filling a need for a missing map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice, have some more rep *bonk*

I think the only thing that looks a bit 'off' to me is the fields. It looks a lot like a woven basket pattern, it's almost "to perfect". No big deal though just an observation.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well you certainly held on to the Schleyness of the map! Very good and welcome to the guild. The one thing I'd consider would be changing the compass - it's something of a signature of Mike's and it might be best to use a different one on your own map.

I agree on the fields. They are definitely not how I'd do them using my own "style". This was meant to be a sister map to Mike's Falcrest, which uses that style for fields and the compass.

But I take it as a challenge that the next thing I need to do is develop my own palette for the town building and use that to create a style all my own. I appreciate you guys nudging me in that direction and I have already started on that and will continue that discussion elsewhere.

Here is a link to the original map of Falcrest big sister city to Harken that I used as inspiration and for palettes.

Link to map removed (It is still posted over at the Wizards site.)
    Last edited by wmtenery; 02-26-2010 at 01:42 PM.