Thread: Hi everyone!

Default Hi everyone!

Good day fellow mapping enthusiasts! Hope everyones okey and nice to meet you all.
    I'm pretty new to applying virtual techniques, but I recently downloaded GIMP to get started.

Do you think it is possible to learn how to draw maps without an electronic pen?
    My works are quite new so I still have to learn, but I have some experience drawing them by hand. This is one of my most recent works:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	índice.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	124519

I hope somehow to be able to transfer it to gimp

Good day yourself!
    Drawing with a mouse can be a challenge, but I've known people who have gotten the hang of it. When it comes to digital mapping, you can also look into other styles than the more traditional hand-drawn look, which can be easier to handle without a tablet.
    Now, all that being said, if you want to draw maps by hand then I'd say a graphics tablet might be a worthwhile investment at some point - the cheaper models are not that expensive (although of course that is all relative) and can make your life so much easier.

Anyways, welcome to the Guild! You seem to have a pretty good handle on maps already, so I look forward to seeing where your digital mapping adventures take you.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.