Thread: Rings of Earth World Map

Map Rings of Earth World Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROE world map.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	7.62 MB 
ID:	124586

Rings of Earth is a TTRPG my friend is making - a post-apocalyptic post-singularity cyberpunk setting. Most people live in orbit whilst Earth is covered in post-war desolation, isolation zones filled with bio-mechanical gribblies, and what's left of nations forming semblances of society. Much of the Earth has been devastated by flooding as a result of the climate crisis, and on top of that swarms of disassembly nano-machines have carved up parts of the world.

Made in Clip Studio Paint using a basic high quality Earth map (source: https://www.vectorworldmap.com) and erasing coastline with reference to a flood map (found here: https://www.floodmap.net/?ct=SE) set at 60 meters sea level rise, with a few extra alterations for the setting. Borders were made with reference to descriptions my friend set and to real-world current borders as they typically follow natural geological features such as rivers and mountains. Countries and zones were determined by my friend with some creative input from me.

Pretty simple yet effective and it conveys the post-apocalyptic theme very well.

Great texture and colours! It does it all.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Aghh! Florida's gone! Do we drown?

Very intriguing, I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic settings. Though I have to say the distorted Mercator sizes for former-Greenland and former-Australia are bothersome, but certainly not diminishing of the overall merit. I thoroughly enjoy what you've accomplished here, have some rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Pretty simple yet effective and it conveys the post-apocalyptic theme very well.
    Thank you I'm really glad you like it, it means a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    Great texture and colours! It does it all.
    Thank you very much, this is the first time I've tried texturing so I'm happy you like it
    Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    Aghh! Florida's gone! Do we drown?
    Either that or went to live in the orbital space habitats
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Very intriguing, I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic settings. Though I have to say the distorted Mercator sizes for former-Greenland and former-Australia are bothersome, but certainly not diminishing of the overall merit. I thoroughly enjoy what you've accomplished here, have some rep!
    I agree it is a bit annoying, it's not my favourite projection, but hey-ho. I'm glad you like it, thanks for the rep