Thread: Mistshore - Docks of Waterdeep handout - commission

Map Mistshore - Docks of Waterdeep handout - commission

Just a little commission, probably the cheapest/fastest I've done recently... the request was a "crudely drawn map on parchment, not purchased in a store" and so everything in it is drawn instead of using any stamps/woodcut style pieces. I suppose it could have been a little rougher, but I still wanted the coast to be pretty and the trees to have some energy. It is a clue to the location of the NPC Grinda Garloth, I believe, to be earned by the players in the game.

Behold! Ti draws trees and doesn't just only stamp them! It just depends on what people ask me to do. Drawing was right for this map. Obviously the texture is still all digitally produced, and the inking is done digitally on a tablet.

It's simple and fast but I think it's pretty fun. It was what the DM desired in terms of how unpolished it is, both for the sake of cost and for the in character production being an NPC's sketch of a map.

I believe it's being used in a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist campaign. Waterdeep is not my setting, and this small region is a copy of the layout as present in the much larger Waterdeep map, however, it is not an exact perfect trace. Its only use was as a one time handout in a VTT DnD 5e game being played on Roll20, and I have no intentions of changing it now that the game session is over. I figured I'd share it because I think it's kinda cute like a postcard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mistshore region of waterdeep small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	124699

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Nice! I think you nailed the style exactly. I love the sketchy style.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks, Chickpea!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

Great job Tiana!

Nice one! The warm gold colours and parchment look is both original and appealing.

Thanks, Bogie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice one! The warm gold colours and parchment look is both original and appealing.
    Thanks, Illanthar. I don't know that 'original' is how I would describe it, as the old parchment look is rather tried and true for me, but it is appealing!