Thread: Help with Ocean Currents Please?

Help Help with Ocean Currents Please?

Hello! I'm new to the guild, so please tell me if I'm formatting anything incorrectly.

I've been working on my planet for a while, but I've run into issues when it comes to mapping ocean currents. I've been having trouble conceptualizing and figuring out how to implement them. Most tutorials on the topic have simpler landforms than mine and I've been confused as how to apply the rules to my planet.

My planet is Earth-like and spins counter-clockwise at about the same speed as Earth.

Please help me. I'd prefer if someone could do the currents for me, but if that's not possible I'd appreciate an explanation as to how I can add ocean currents to my world. The various islands and inland seas have me puzzled. I have a difficult time understanding large blocks of text, so if an explanation could include visuals I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you for the help :D

I've attached images of my world with the winds, one without winds for less obstruction, and my WIP topography map in case it would be needed for any reason.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	need currents.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	125637

Name:	with wind.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	125638

Name:	topography?.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	929.1 KB 
ID:	125636
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-26-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Just a little tidying up the formatting.