Thread: Ragnarok

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quite alright. What I'm looking for is rambling thoughts. As I said, this is still highly theoretical, just attempting to find a setting and a story that has been circulating in my head for a few weeks now.

I've had some thoughts. Horrible, horrible things happen during the war of the gods. The sun blackening, the earth shaking, tears in reality. And then suddenly it stops, and anyone who lived steps outside to see the wreckage.

I'm thinking perhaps the gods waged war in a sort of alternate plane, but the deaths of the gods would be so profound that the earth would reel.

What I'm planning is that eventually, people will begin replacing the dead gods, but as they begin gaining power and worshippers and such, wars will break out until you have something like a second Ragnarok on Earth.

Again, these are just ideas, but I'm just trying to visualize how decidedly changed the landscape would be. I don't already have a world planned out, so I'm wondering how one would go about mapping a warped world. I'm guessing mountains where they shouldn't be, sheer cliffs, that sort of thing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Not only would they fight in various places and planes of existence but also in other times (sort of like Raistlin) rearranging the cosmos and physics in the process...up is not always up, the stars have been arranged into shapes, etc. Actually, this sounds like a very plausible idea for the "birth" of magic and those who learn to control it and wield it. Or for that matter, the birth of our world (for those who want something other than Big Bang or Creationism). Ripping the fabric of space/time and existence sounds like a great way to unleash the Pandora's box of unexplained phenomena.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps