Thread: WIP World of Calen Ndor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

concerning your climates: keep in mind that mountains tend to block influx and outflow of heat, moisture etc. Two regions on the same latitude on different sides of a mountain range can (and often do) have very different climates. Climate zones tend to gradually flow into one another when the terrain permits it, and have sharp borders when there's mountain ridges involved.

If I read your map correctly, the southern regions are covered in snow. I don't think the climate would get any warmer as you move North, since the mountains should normally block any heat from pouring in. Both southwestern valleys would be Arctic throughout, even their northern tips.

Same goes for water, by the way: the narrower of those valleys is landlocked on 3 sides, and the southern sea seems to cold for much evapotranspiration. The river in that valley should therefore be far smaller than it is now, or disappear altogether.

That said, I must say I love the general shape of your continent, and your colour scheme is pretty awesome too!
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 02-06-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!