Lots of things to reply to

Before I do here;'s the latest WIP with vegetation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calen-Ndor13.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	595.3 KB 
ID:	61095

Caenwyr:
    My mountains are blocking the air current but due to the size of the continent its actually covering over 30 degrees, as a result the South has a low pressure, cold and wet climate with winds from the South East. The North is high pressure, warm and dry with North Westerly winds.

I agree the bottom valleys are are arctic (I had subarctic). The land color and trees are supposed to represent the steppe climate and boreal forest of Northern Siberia. Rain for the rivers would come from glacier / snow melt. I will remove some of the smaller tributaries to try and show better all the water is coming from the rivers and not picking up any more once it leaves the mountains.

There are different types of mountain on the map. The main u shaped mountain range follows the plate margin, the island chains are continuations of the range, I agree a big headland would be better, I might change that The other mountain ranges are relics of earlier tectonics (hence the rift valley) or caused by stress folds from the main mountain building (like the Downs in SE England formed as the Alps got 'pushed up')

I'm sure I made mistakes in all my initial climate sketch outs but I think the climate is plausible, it's the colors could improve the clarity I'm sure.

Thanks for the comments though.

Korba

Done some tidying on textures and added some ice, rivers should better reflect their origin / climate.

Very pleased so far, not quite sure what to do next without starting over on the land shape.

Korba

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calen-Ndor14.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	595.9 KB 
ID:	61242