Thread: Yet Another New Member

Default Yet Another New Member

Hi folks,

I’m new here, but not new to (fantasy) mapping... Though it’s a while since I’ve done any.

I’ve been playing wargames and RPGs for longer than I care to remember. And I have always loved maps - from being a small boy.

In terms of fantasy mapping, for a long time I was a user of Campaign Cartographer, and was part of the team which designed the ‘Mappable Hârn is’ add-on.

However, a change of computer platform became necessary, and I moved from PC to Mac - where I am still residing. At the time, I couldn’t find a satisfactory way to run CC-2 on my Macs, using Bootcamp or an emulator. So I left it alone. And, to be fair, I didn’t really need it, since we were mostly playing commercial ‘ready-to-run’ adventures. Now though, I find myself wanting to write my own and draw my own maps! And I’ve discovered that I may well be able ot use ‘Crossover’ to run CC3+ on my Mac...

Failing that, it’s going to be out with pencils, pens, watercolours and paper!

So, here I am. Looking forward to interacting and learning here!

Cheers,
    Phil

There are other newer mapping programs that work on Mac you might try if you can't get it to work, as well as the Photoshop style of programs and vector even! But nothing wrong with non-digital work either...

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!