Thread: Section of Town using Vue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very cool!

Dundjinni has been very successful at collecting an explosion of 2d elements. I wonder what will be the application to collect and make 3d elements common.

Do you think it will be Poser? Vue? Sketchup? ? ? ?

Have some rep for stretching the boundaries around here

Sigurd

Thanks.

Unlike some of the original 2D products that relied on their own formats and had no means to share elements between them, the 3D world already has standard formats that allow the products to interchange the elements betwen them. For 3D scenes that have people in them I usually build them in Poser and bring them over to Vue. I have also gone the other way with a background scene in Vue brought over to Poser.

I'm not sure that we will see the same great collections that Dundjinni brought us.

What we need for the 3D world is a collection of buildings like Overseer had for CC2. Low poly that looked good and could be used to make a large city without taxing the system. Much of the items built for the gaming community would work, but those are usually in a locked format.

Enough rambling for now. Thanks for the comments.

Steve

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

There are some great 3d medieval buildings collections (costing money of course) at Turbo Squid. No idea what the poly count is on them tho. Most of what I have seen seems to be .obj 3DS Max friendly.

Cool lil town there, I love the ISO renders for that "immersion" feel to a setting. Really sets a scene...nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps