Hello,

I've been working on a map in GIMP for a while, and I've already made the elevation ranges in GIMP and was wanting to use Wilbur to create my hills/rivers. I've got the elevation map into Wilbur, and have something like what you can see in the picture below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wilbur sample.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	126325
Note how the different elevation ranges are different monochrome regions. Image is 22500 wide x 11250 height.

I'd like to get a range of noise and hills/ridges for each elevation range (Green, Yellow, Orange, etc.), but when I run fractal noise with the relevant range selected I get a monochrome teal-green:

Name:	wilbur teal.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	126326
Instead of being filled with interesting ridges, I have pea soup.

Name:	wilbur fractal noise setting.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	126327
These are my fractal noise settings

Running the same settings without the area selected actually works:

Name:	wilbur noise.PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	126328
Fractal Noise covers the whole map

My Questions are:
a) Why can't I get Fractal Noise to generate inside the selected area? I've been able to do it in smaller maps, and it works when there's no selection; any ideas on what's going on?
b) Suppose I do get Fractal Noise generated; is there anyway I can "squish" it down so my mountains become hills?
c) Is there a better way of creating "hilliness/rivers" starting from the first picture? I know there's tutorials for generating these maps with clouds, however I've already made my elevation map, and at my map size the clouds aren't really feasible?