Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
Well, if Gimp doesn't have basically a direct match for the Photoshop stroke effect like I said, I'd be surprised however, failing in that you might try the "find edges" and play with that, it can do a similar effect albeit imo more artistic.

Either way, I seem to remember using the "find edges" to strengthen some of the linework. Just fiddle with it and you can get a more or less black outline.

I can barely remember but there might also be a "stroke selection" or something similar under the "Path" options.
There are for sure ways to accomplish the same thing, just not as quickly. Here is an example from Lerb's tutorial:

"Just make a new layer with a 2px black (outside) Stroke Layer Style and a 3px Drop Shadow. Then add a black Inner Glow with Blend Mode set to Normal, Opacity 100%, Choke 10%, Size 3px, Source: Centre, Range 17%. Take the Line Tool (U) with a width of 4-6px and just draw in small lines."

So basically with a few settings you can draw chimneys with a single stroke. To do this in GIMP would require building a script to do it to a selection after each one is drawn and selected. If I do it by hand, I could draw in all the lines, Alpha to Selection, Stroke for outer line, shrink selection, change brush, stroke for inner line. Not horrible at all, but still extra steps. Not having PS, I am not sure how much it would scale for larger chimneys.

Basically, just looking to reduce mouse clicks. Once I get my tablet it may not be as big an issue.

- E