Thread: City of Saskatoon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's pretty cool.

It makes me realize just how much water can just be sitting around on the ground, at least in the prairies. Maybe it's because they are the brightest areas on your map. I'll have to be more careful to think about that in the future.

Guild Novice

Yes, I haven't really thought about it much but there are tonnes of small wetlands and sloughs scattered throughout the plains especially during wet years. I'll keep that in mind next time I work on any fantasy maps with prairies.

The yellow is a bit bright. This was when I was deep in the 'everything is a muddy yellow brown in my maps' stage of life. Which I suppose has it place but I should have definitely used some more contrast.

I think If I were to do this again I'd probably do up some building footprints in a darker tone to make the city pop properly.

edit: And probably a larger scale that focuses on a specific area so cleanup doesn't take me a million years.

edit 2: The wetlands are usually potholes and kettles in the landscape that were left over from the last glacial period so not all plains are so wet, just a fun fact for map building
    Last edited by Flawed-Menagerie; 11-19-2020 at 06:15 PM.