Thread: I've lurked but should maybe say hello

Default I've lurked but should maybe say hello

So, hello. I joined up half a year ago with the intentions of going about asking questions and such, but never actually got around to it as life got in the way. With my life in a more steady position I can get around to doing just that.

Looking back on some of my oldest pieces, I've been getting really involved in this little hobby for around three years now. Going by the much more amateur hour material I've got, five years and a bit. Three years ago is when I was gifted a copy of CC3+, which has helped to foster what interest I had in cartography when I was lacking in pure artistic skill. I still have some musings about weather I can really call myself a cartographer when I've relied on assets, though I've kept moving myself forward. Maybe it'd be good for me to try doing some things by hand once in awhile just to see if I can finally manage to grow on that front.

I've been doing commissioned pieces for the past two years as my prowess using the program improved, and even now I've been learning new tricks to help get my pieces in order. Lately my thoughts have been about establishing some sorta portfolio of my work, and putting myself out there more completely. There're some questions I've had regarding this, but I'll save that for later in my appropriate sub forums.

Hi M-M, welcome (back) to the forums! We'll look forward to seeing some of your maps. Don't be shy to ask any questions if you want help or to discuss anything.

If you're looking for a push towards hand-drawing, you'd be welcome to join in one of our monthly challenges. They're great for practising and growing your skills, all within a friendly and supportive environment. It's always nice to see new faces among the challenge entries.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you, I appreciate it. Monthly contests, eh? Sounds interesting, I'll consider that for practice's sake if nothing else.