Thread: CS2: Layer Properties Problem!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks

Thanks for your intrest in this problem. I guess it's common when using large size images or layers. I beleive the problem wouldn't exist on small files as it never occured to me before I started doing large maps.

Left is what I get when working with the file using about 10 layers. Right is the result after flattening or saving as .jpg. That's a huge difference in tones and details. These are at 25% display. When looking at a section at 100%, both look identical. So my question is: how can I create a .jpg that looks exacly as my original. I mean what's the point doing color balance and contrast when it all gets messed up again.

Thanks for your help and input.

Regards

Benarius

EDIT: please look at next page for something I missed completely, the left which I work on actually will look like the flattened. Confused, yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_test copy.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	751.0 KB 
ID:	11573  
    Last edited by Benarius; 03-22-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Post Attention!!!

I just realized, when looking at 100% that I've been actually getting the results of the flattened image. (recognisable from the features)

So what this realy means is that the layered styles I am working on is not what I get on the end. This makes it realy difficult. The good thing is to know that the flattened is the real deal. At least one of the two is right....lol.

BUT I AM EVEN MORE CONFUSED NOW...HOW CAN I ACTUALLY GET THE RESULTS WHEN WORKING WITH LAYERS TO STAY WHEN FLATTENED???

The layered (left) is actually not showing really what I see. Weird. I must be doing something wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test_3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	573.8 KB 
ID:	11579  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Whoa, yer right. Can you zip it and upload it to somewhere like a free host? I'll grab it and see what's up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post 42 MB rar file

For those intrested to have a look at the original file.

http://www.freefileserver.com/648368

Notice, when resizing image to 1000 or 500 (from 2000), the same thing happens, too.

EDIT: Something intresting I noticed right now. It never occured to me as I mostly switched between 25% and 50% and 100%. Now I switched from 25% to 25.1% and then it happened. It looks like the flattened image. I just realized that looking at the layered work with 25% gives you a false image. At 25,1% it starts more like it realy is. So I adjusted the layer levels to come close to the desired results and flattened. Still some change, but not as big anymore. I come to the conclusion that is a matter of size. But how else can you work on such a large file without zooming. It is very hard. I think I need a bigger screen.
    Last edited by Benarius; 03-22-2009 at 02:36 AM.