Thread: Islands of Hatlor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's a nice, crispy map.
    I agree with Ravells on the mountains. Also, you might want to do something with the "Islands of Hatlor" label. I am guessing it's the title? You could maybe try and make it stand out more (for example: adding an effect to it or making it part of the map border). It's looking almost the same as the sea labels.

I very much like the background texture you picked for the map by the way.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Nice work! Like the others have said, you might want to have some variations in the mountain symbols, they are looking a little uniform. Also, are there no forests on this island, or are they not relevant to what you will use this map for?

I've been looking into labelling myself the past days, and looking at your map I am not sure what the name of the main island is (seeing that the map is labelled Islands (plural) of Hatlor, I assume this is the name of the main island combined with Mos'Ari), but is the main island itself called Hatlor?

Additionally, should you so desire, you could label the strait between Mos'Ari and the main island, and the bay near the cities of Ainai and Radir, the bay near the cities of Kard and Engab, and the lake near the city of Iausk.

All in all, a very nice, clean map. Good work!
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.