Thread: War front

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Pretty late on this reply (internet trouble), but I've joined the whole tileset to this post.

Gametable... is simply a virtual game table. Images put in the right folder are available for drag-and-drop on a table (optionally with an infinite fixed 64-pixel square grid).

Unfortunately, Gametable has memory issues and crashes on start if it has more than about 10 MB of images. So I devised a tileset optimized against these limitations.

All tiles were made by hand, sometimes by massively reducing a high-res texture. Rivers and water borders are hopelessly complicated, and the whole Gametable-tile-mapping process is horribly tedious... especially when you consider, and I quote, that "I had actually completed about 20 times the surface of the part I'm attaching". Was a great, big, useful map, though. For a few months.

MapTool is way more lenient about memory, working very well even on my low-end laptop (I had to run Gametable from my higher-end desktop). So... I'll probably be working on, like, a fifth world map before some time.
    Attached Files Attached Files