Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap_Vinicium.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	4.98 MB 
ID:	128234

This the the current working map I've been referencing for a long-term writing project. At full-size it's a fairly large image/file-size, which leads to a difficulty in using it to crop in. I'm curious what what kind of work-flow advice people would have for tiling the image for making the regional/city-level maps. I've tried using a mask of the image to zoom, which can help with lag issues but applying the textures and such as well as making sure everything aligns takes time. At the moment I've just been doing the math and cropping in on the original image, then adding the details and saving it out. The world itself is just slightly larger than Earth, so at this current scale I'm still figuring out how much detail to include and how much should be reserved for the more focused maps. Below is a one of the more zoomed maps I've made from it but I also know that for proper use I'll need to crop in even more. The end goal would be to consolidate it all into a zoom-able map, so the lines and such would have to properly align. Once I get the time for it, I'd certainly try to make some of the coastlines/areas more natural looking. Open to critiques of course and if anyone is curious how anything was made I'd be happy to share.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_9-23_14-26.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	4.90 MB 
ID:	128235

Of course, I'd like to preemptively thank everyone for their input/thoughts and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.