Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February 2021 Challenge: Nessa'Mor

All the subtle details that are making their way into this are really making it great. Always love seeing your bold style, Omri.

IR

I love detailed maps of smaller areas like cities and villages. And I love the concept of your city setting in a unique environment telling a story. Very creative! As for the palette I like the dark look and feel (the clouds also work well to give it a bit of a darker feel as if something bad is upcoming... ). The contrast on the top of the cliffs is a bit low in my opinion. Maybe you could lighten up the colors in some places where the sun hits them like you did with the mountain sides (for example at the tree-tops). This way the whole piece may get a bit more depth, so it stands out more...

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

I really love the map. It makes one wonder, why do the people live under the tableau and not on top ...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    All the subtle details that are making their way into this are really making it great. Always love seeing your bold style, Omri.

IR
    I am glad you like the style. And yeah, I am one for the little details, I like thinking about the story it adds to the map. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djekspek View Post
    I love detailed maps of smaller areas like cities and villages. And I love the concept of your city setting in a unique environment telling a story. Very creative! As for the palette I like the dark look and feel (the clouds also work well to give it a bit of a darker feel as if something bad is upcoming... ). The contrast on the top of the cliffs is a bit low in my opinion. Maybe you could lighten up the colors in some places where the sun hits them like you did with the mountain sides (for example at the tree-tops). This way the whole piece may get a bit more depth, so it stands out more...
    Thanks a bunch. I am with you on having a more unique environment for telling the story.

On the contrast on top being less pronounced. I hear you. I haven't yet finished with all the lineart, so those kind of things still has to happen. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EricPoehlsen View Post
    I really love the map. It makes one wonder, why do the people live under the tableau and not on top ...
    Tx, I appreciate it. There is more than one reason from the top of my head. One being the Storm Swept plains that stretches north west on the plateau.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

It looks good, XCali.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk
    View my website and Instagram

Hey, I thought there'd be another update by now!

Your maps always evolve so quickly. It's fun to watch. I like the new stuff on top of the plateau.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    It looks good, XCali.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Hey, I thought there'd be another update by now!

Your maps always evolve so quickly. It's fun to watch. I like the new stuff on top of the plateau.
    Impatient I see! Hehe, I was busy trying out some experimental stuff.

Aww, and thank you. I'm glad you enjoy it.

My web novels
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~ Psalm 19

Question Whatcher's Inn

I'm getting closer to calling this one. Just a few touch ups maybe left. If there is something you would want me to see polish or add, let me know

Okay, so apart from adding the Watcher's Inn, doing the Title, I went on an initial polishing spree. But, I am wondering about something. If I should keep ALL the icons the same color, or go with individual colors? Any ideas on that front?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessa'Mor_Redo_18b_.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	4.23 MB 
ID:	128546
    Last edited by XCali; 02-23-2021 at 06:06 AM.

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

This one is a lot of small changes to polish the map a bit more. I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I should change anything else. I've already added the Storm Drain Icons in two places. Though, I am wondering if I should add a sewer icon as well.

Anyway, let me know what you think,

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessa'Mor_Redo_19_.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.46 MB 
ID:	128582

My web novels
    ~ Psalm 19

This is -besides being a map- a piece of art! A thing that may be improved a bit is the title. The black font on the dark element gives a nice dark look but it makes it a bit hard to read the title. Anyway, it looks really good, nice work!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast