Thread: Simple B&W Maps of Magical North America and Europe

Default Simple B&W Maps of Magical North America and Europe

I have found my cartographer for this project! Thank you to everyone who contacted me.

Project Scope:
    I'm in need of two simple maps to go in an upcoming urban fantasy novel of mine. Both will be black and white line art. I'll need commercial rights, as the novel is set for publication by an indie press. I have a zero-art-skills version of the North America map, and will cook up one for Europe soon. I'm hoping someone can take my terrible MS Paint versions and make something simple but attractive.

Setting:
    The Gifted World is your usual "secret magical world hidden under the one we know." The Gifted Nations of this hidden world, which sometimes ally against monsters from beyond the Veil and sometimes go to war with each other, don't respect the political boundaries of the mundane world. The story takes place in modern day, with guns, swords, and tons of technomantic hacking as our heroine chases after the magic sword Clarent in hopes of placing Elizabeth Pendragon on the throne of Albion.

Design Concept:
    Two black and white, line-art maps, one of the US and Canada and one of Europe. Ideally they would show the borders of real-world countries, as well as the American states. Overlaid on this map are the borders of the Gifted Nations, which sometimes follow real-world borders and sometimes don't. The real-world states and countries won't need labels, but the various Gifted Nations will. The design doesn't need to be particularly fancy, since the book is set in modern day rather than an imaginary medieval or steampunk period. Functionality is key, decoration is optional. The maps are important because this novel is partially about a war between four Gifted Nations in the southern US, so I'd like to give the reader something to refer to.

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    Black and white or grayscale

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer, who is free to use the map in portfolio, sell prints, etc. I gain commercial rights for publication in the novel, any future books or reprints, and promotional materials like my website.

Deadline:
    I'd love to have the map done in about a month, but that's flexible as the book this is for is a ways out from publication (it's book 3 in a trilogy, with book 2 releasing in April).

Payment:
    Payment by PayPal or Venmo. Timing is negotiable; I imagine a payment of half upon receipt of a working draft and half upon completion. My budget is $100-$150, but I am willing to negotiate with the right cartographer.

Contact
    Nat Webb
    natrwebb (at) gmail (dotcom)

Thanks so much for your consideration! I look forward to working with you!
    Last edited by KesselZero; 02-23-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: job filled