Thread: The Kingdom of Althar (My D&D Homebrew Setting!)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The Kingdom of Althar (My D&D Homebrew Setting!)

I'm really excited to share this one! Althar is my pride and joy. I ran my first D&D campaign as a DM in this bleak little country, and drawing the original map for this setting on paper while I was planning the campaign is what got me into actively pursuing cartography. Over the two years I ran that campaign I watched my players become incredibly attached to the setting, and we played our final session last summer. We're now starting a new campaign set 60 years before our first took place, during a period of war and turmoil, and I can't wait to return to the world.

There are so many little details of this map that I'm proud of, like the little settlement icons, which are loosely based on the icons used on the Gough Map, one of the earliest known maps of Britain. I drew this in Procreate on my iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil, with finishing details done in Photoshop. I couldn't decide on a style, so I created two versions, one full-colour with typed labels, and another parchment style, "in game" version with hand lettering. I still can't decide which is my favourite!

I hope you like them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Althar - 2021 (Colour Version).jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	7.91 MB 
ID:	128629 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Althar - 2021 (Parchment Version).jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	5.99 MB 
ID:	128630

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo 2020 just moon.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	128633  
    Last edited by Arcane Atlas; 02-27-2021 at 01:13 PM.