Thread: Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Treehouse Island

Default Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Treehouse Island

My entry for this lite challenge is in the same setting as last lite challenge's Rivdanalli Port and the expedition mounted may have well set out from Rivdanalli. The mission: To attack the base of Ajax Beardstrong, a Mad Inventor who acts as one of the lieutenants of the notorious criminal mastermind, Baron Twogoggleshat, doing as much damage as possible and hopefully killing or capturing Beardstrong. The location is an island with two areas of interest. The first is Beardstrong's tower, where he lives and has his laboratory. The other is a massive tree on which a sets of platforms have been constructed to house the rest of the base. A variety of approaches are possible, as in addition to access by boat or ship, the tree base has a dirigible mooring site and a small ornithopter landing pad.

So far, I have it roughed out on paper, and I am about to get started on the digital end version. Thought I might as well go ahead and toss my hat into the ring now, though.

Sounds Cool! Looking forward to seeing this develop.
    Welcome back!!

This is a GM's map, not intended to be suitable for vtt use or to be printed for use with miniatures. I may try to do such work later, but I won't have time during the challenge. I have the levels for the tower and the tree mapped out (except for the spiral stairs inside the tower... can anyone point me to a tutorial for monochrome curved stairs?), while I still need to draw the side view and an island overview, then assemble all the pieces into a single document.

### Latest WIP ###

The tower:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tower level 1.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	128804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tower level 2.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	128805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tower level 3.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	128806

Key: a = museum of invention, b = laboratory assistant's bedroom, c = bathroom (& I see it needs a second door), d = office, e = master bedroom, f = laboratory w/central charge collector

The tree:

Name:	Tree level 1.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	128807Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree level 2.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	128808Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree level 3.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	128809Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree level 4.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	128810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree level 5.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	128811

Key: 1 = outhouse, with straight drop to island floor beneath, 2 = large hammock, 3 = hatch to access hanging fairy cage, 4 = magnetic lifter, 5 = armory, 6 = parts storage, 7 = workshop, 8 = moon tracker, 9 = rec hall, 10 a = kitchen b = dining room, 11 = store room, 12 = dirigible mooring, 13 = crow's nest defense post with heavy lightning gun on track for full circle defense; hatch over ladderway down. Circular structures are small huts used as personal residence.

Cutting it close. I wasn't entirely unhappy with the sleeping huts, but they didn't work with the clean look used for the rest of it, so they've been replaced with plain black-and-white. Overview and (simplified... it's more important to help track the ladders between levels than include a lot of details) side views added and everything composed on a single image. There's probably a lot that could still be done, but I'm out of time.

And it is absolutely ready to use once fully keyed out.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Assembled Island Treehouse.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	128896

Very Nice!!