Thread: Bats#!+ Crazy Mapmaker Wanted for Goblin Kingdom! (USD$100-$200)

Default Bats#!+ Crazy Mapmaker Wanted for Goblin Kingdom! (USD$100-$200)

Hello again, you talented people you. Knocking off another country on Oustea this month, the Goblin Kingdom of Nargle!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nargle.PNG 
Views:	42 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	129009

"Safe from the Empire largely due to geographical accident, the goblin kingdom of Nargle is largely carved into and below the cliffs near the capital Yud Bobbotch, where the title of King currently rests in the hands of the violently conniving King Beemo, leader of the Tinyhand Brood. That said, goblin politics are a dangerous game, and both the Marshlight and Bloodfart Broods are actively angling for the Crown... the Whizzbangs are too distractable to make a sustained play for rulership. The dangerous predators that inhabit the rest of Nargle have kept the goblin population in check thus far, but woe to the nation that underestimates the evil that an unleashed Nargle could inflict upon the world."

All that, though, was written and drawn by an Imperial cartographer. I NEED A MAP FROM THE GOBLINS' POINT OF VIEW!!! This'd ideally include some creative place suggestions on your part as well, though I'll reserve the right to weigh in on names of locations.

I'd want right of reproduction and to display on the website of our podcast, but all other copyrights may remain with the artist.

What do you all think? I've got some ideas how a goblin might draw a map, but what are yours?

Thanks to all who respond in advance: I really looking forward to seeing more of y'all's creative work. Even if this isn't the project for us, there are 15 more maps in the queue...

EDIT: Ti, thank you for your astonishing work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SyvnVWQ.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	133732
    Last edited by WeWithTorches; 06-18-2022 at 11:37 AM. Reason: job was accepted! AND completed!

Heh, I love the idea of drawing a map from the goblin's POV. I imagine that the map is drawn on something that looks like skin, in charcoal and blood, and location markers are carved on pebbles. Things goblins fear most are illustrated as monsters and glyphs, but they may not be what adventurers would fear... I imagine things like 'here is the eagle's nest'

I specialize in the service of 'inventing names', of course you get final say.

My art can be found on my fantasy map portfolio. I am also a cartoonist and comic artist and am willing to do some extremely non-conventional fantasy maps that veer way outside of the styles I am most commonly asked to recreate by my clients.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello

I am interested in your project. You can see my portfolio here.

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

You can take a look at my portfolio or my Deviantart gallery to get a sense of the kind of mapping work I have done in the past. I'm exprienced with commission work and am comfortable trying out new things. The prompt certainly sounds inspiring, and I'm sure working on this would be a blast!

You can shoot me an email at r.simila [at] kellerica.com and we can talk things further. Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
    -Kell
    Last edited by Kellerica; 03-24-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Very interesting map concept and one I'd be very interested in taking on.

My portfolio can be viewed here though I have other style tests and pieces here too. I enjoy tackling new styles and this particular style sounds a fun one. Personally I am thinking something very 'sketchy' with charcoal-esque brushes. I also imagine glyphs and pictograms of threats and locations would be more useful to a goblin than text (ie a picture of a dragon rather than "here be dragons")

I can be contacted by email at ifirix [at] gmail [dot] com

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

OH! Very nice idea!
    I'd like to be part on it so please, check my website and let me know!
    I can b e contacted by email:
    alemanno.a [at]gmail dot com

BYE!

Default thx everyone!!!

these are all excellent options, everyone! thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work and kind words and I sincerely apologize for the year delay: got quite sick.

Greetings WeWithTorches!

This project sounds fascinating and fun, and I would love to help, if the position is still open.

My portfolio: https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...p?albumid=5607

You can contact me here: josiahwoodwright(at)gmail.com

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Guild Member

This looks like a great opportunity to have fun and find different visual language. I would like yo participate.
    You can take a look at my portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar
    And you can contact me via alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com