Thread: New Member here, Hi!

Default New Member here, Hi!

Hey everyone, my names Paul!

I'm 24 but I've been drawing maps for pretty much my whole life. My first maps were of Geega, this strange land far away that all the knights I drew lived in.

In 8th grade I refined that original map into a main continent, Isgir, and a tropical Archipelago, Sen Geija. This was the start of my real worldbuilding.

In college I took the hobby back up and refined my world.

I'm currently working on a huge worldmap in QGIS, which I plan to use for D&D, writing stories, and much more.

This is the most recent iteration of my worldmap. Each grid cell is 1000 km squareClick image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	129319

I'm a GIS Technician by trade, and I love teaching people. I made a tutorial for using QGIS to make fantasy maps (which I'm trying to post to Tutorials rn) and I'd love to help ppl with their ideas!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Paul, and welcome to the guild Looking forward to seeing your world progress
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise