I usually skip these types of post, but I was told to by Korash, who gave me rep on my first post, to do this.

I'm a resident of the CBG and lurked around here when the Fantaseum alliance started up. Back then I didn't find much that was helpful to me, most of the tutorials were for Photoshop and CC3 neither of which I had. So I stopped lurking.

My attempts at making maps frustrated me to no end. I couldn't get anything that I liked. In the end I put all map making on hold. Early attempt 1 and Early attempt 2 (Warning big. Disclaimer: I am aware that the rivers in the two maps are going in the wrong direction. I was informed of that in a thread on the cbg when I posted them there last year).

I recently got the itch to design again, but I wanted to get the map down first. I started to familiarize myself with GIMP and I decided to visit the Cartographer's Guild once again. I stumbled upon a tutorial by Torq on making mountains. The tutorial was great and I posted my results with it. This has reinforced my want to make a map again.

I'm playing with a few techniques I've found in the tutorials section, especially Torq's mountains and RobA's "Making Not So Random Coastlines". I'll post the results in the WIP forums once I get something I like enough to post.

Anyway, hello.
-Poseptune