Thread: Map for Trade...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looking good, and I love the colour scheme.

The houses need a drop shadow, currently they look like they are painted on the ground. Your chimney shadows are all over the place. I'm not convinced by the large brick texture on the curving building - the direction of the texture is really at odds with the shape of the building. Finally, the trees could do with a bit of shading on the trees themselves - currently they look like flat discs of leaves above the ground.

Sorry for being picky, but I think this is a great map and a few tweaks will make it even better.

I love the font and the feel of the map as a whole. I'm glad Dementia5 is working well. Sounds like a good pairing.

Post update...

OK, an update to the Shropley Court, London 1891 map, colors may be slightly different - its actually hard to duplicate, but I made the changes mentioned above your suggestions from RPMiller and Torstan. Plus a couple additional changes as per request by the publisher.

Notably, the train station turned into the villain's manor house - not my decision. Added a link to a tavern inn to its south.

Next another train station map and two coach train cars, and perhaps a locomotive. Then village and Castle with dungeon to wrap things up.

Updated version below.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shropley-court.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	843.9 KB 
ID:	11806  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-27-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations