Thread: Point Crawl Map of a Ever Shifting World - Design + Art Commission

Default Point Crawl Map of a Ever Shifting World - Design + Art Commission

Hello All,

I am looking to commission a world map and potentially more for a TTRPG book I am working on. The book is called The Seas Above, and it's elevator pitch is "An Age of Sail Game in a World of Myth and Magic", or Greek One piece if thing helps at all.

Rate:
    I'm not really sure what the budget would be for specifically what I'm looking for and I would like to spend sometime working that out with you. With that said, my current headspace is in the 40-50$/per hour range.

Timeline:
    Flexible. Playable Quick Start Guide should be released by this up coming September, with a Kickstarter to publish and print the finished work probably sometime mid-end 2022. This request is for a specific region map which doesn't need to happen by the September timeline, but it would be nice. Additionally, my ideal artist would would have the availability for future works, which at the moment looks like 4 region maps, 1 world map, and various smaller island/battle maps as well.

Style:
    For some context, the world is a massive archipelago with floating islands in the sky. In this world, the gods are islands, and the islands are gods. They are more or less sentient pieces of the planet that travel and do as they please. The islands do not have a static place in the world. The game uses a point crawl exploration system, rather then the traditional hex crawl, so I would like the map to as aesthetically pleasing as it is functional. "Distance" is instead determined by how much the islands want to interact with the mortal races. I'm thinking each region is made up by 3 rings. Islands in the center are easy to find because they want to be found. Islands in the second ring are off doing their own thing, and islands in the last ring are "distant" because they actively do not want to be found.

The book itself is going to feature black and white line art, utilizing a single color to accent the piece and color code the various factions in the game. I can provide examples via email if that is something you are interested in, but the goal is to keep the map in the same theme while utilizing all the colors in the book to showcase the world as something bright and vibrate.

Quality & Size
    Book details:
    6 inch x 9 inch, 300dpi, include .25 inch bleed (so 6.25 x 9.25)

This is something I'd like to workout with you in terms of both budget and scale of the project, but my goal is to optimize the maps for both print and PDF. Ideally, there would be two versions of most maps, something that can fit in the book proper as well as something that can be printed in a larger size as an actual playaid. Something Treasure Map Size? What ever that means?? If possible, I'd like to get all of the files in their PSD (or what ever program you use) such that the layout artist can adjust the source files should the need arise rather then me having to reach back out to you in the case of any minor discrepancies.

Copyright:

I would like reproduction and copyrights to the map
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Details

Markos--at--Hatemail.games
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)

Hello Markos,

I would love to be a part of this project, it sounds very exciting! I've sent you an email with my portfolio.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Valeriya

Thanks everyone for your inquiries! The job has been filled.