Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Regional Map - Gaia

Quote Originally Posted by NymTevlyn View Post
    We've also completely forgotten that Westeros is the name of the continent in George RR Martin's books. Time to come up with something new! I thought it sounded incredibly familiar.
    You do know "The Midlands" is an important place in Terry Goodkind's fantasy novels, right?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

NymTevlyn

Yeah, but I've seen midlands used in more places than just that novel. So it's not as big of a deal. Westeros however is pretty unique to Martin's novels and Midlands is just more general. Could go with Midgard heh.

Yeah, but I've seen midlands used in more places than just that novel. So it's not as big of a deal.
    True, I just thought it was funny.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Yeah, but I've seen midlands used in more places than just that novel. So it's not as big of a deal. Westeros however is pretty unique to Martin's novels and Midlands is just more general. Could go with Midgard heh.
    Well to me Westeros sound a lot like the Swedish town Västerås :-)

NymTevlyn

Westeros was used before the current map, which didn't have Drahkmar on it at all. So it needed a name change anyway.

NymTevlyn

Just an image of what it might look like from a skyship traveling near the Heaven's Above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.Gaia.ver009.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	849.1 KB 
ID:	11840  

NymTevlyn

The Midlands portion of the map is approximately 95% done. I need to add some rivers to the tribal lands of the Hakori nomads and come up with a name for that big arsed mountain in the middle. If I can't come up with a cool name, I'll just chop it out. This version of the map has all the kingdom and capitol city names along with the completed skyland of Kahandarak, which is almost covered entirely by thick jungle and dangerous rivers.

Oops. I had the skyland names layer hidden. Oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.Gaia.ver010.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	11846  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks very nice but I'm not sure why the land is casting a shadow on the clouds. Clean, nice, and unique otherwise. Good job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

NymTevlyn

The land is above the clouds. It's a campaign where the land float high in the atmosphere of an oxygen/nitrogen rich gas giant. Big continent sized floating islands along with thousands of little floating islands.

I like the style of this map a lot. The font is a good choice, and I like the colors and the way that you have shown the cities.

I also like the general idea behind the map. It is a great little twist!

One quick question though... On the continents, the areas that look like lakes, are they lakes, or areas where there are "holes" in the earth?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast