Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Regional Map - Gaia

NymTevlyn

There's only one visible lake on the map right now and that's in Lydia. It's a lighter blue compared to the rest of the sky below. The other "lakes" are holes in the skylands. Damn, I forgot to give Inara's capitol city a name. Maybe Serenity.
    Last edited by NymTevlyn; 03-30-2009 at 04:58 PM.

NymTevlyn

Ver 012 of the campaign map. Added some hills and mountains to the Hakori tribal lands, along with rivers. Altered the color scheme of the Drahkmar skyland and added mountains, dry riverbeds, and a single valley where the water table still exists. The rest of the shards that make up Drahkmar have lost their water tables and are rapidly eroding away. Flash floods are very common and very dangerous.

Only the drahken, high in their mountain citadels are able to thrive in these harsh wastelands. Human nomads, descendants of ancient settlers during imperial times, have learned to survive in the deserts of Drahkmar, but just barely. The frequent attacks by drahken makes it even more difficult.

Valkyris is the only true city built and inhabited by humans in Drahkmar. They made a pact with a line of dragons that dwell in the Stormdrake Peaks many ages ago. Those drakes provide protection for the city, while the city pays them tribute every year.

Let me know what you think of the map without the rhumb lines and the compass rose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.Gaia.ver012.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	11892  
    Last edited by NymTevlyn; 03-30-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This is coming along nicely.

I like it without the rhumb lines but I think you still need the a compass rose, maybe something a bit more stylized toward the theme of the map *shrugs*.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I have to say that I am loving this map! The map has a nice clean style to it, and looks very good. All of the different elements (fonts, symbols, colors, etc.) fit together quite well. There is nothing that stands out as not fitting in the map style.

I also like the concept of the world, and I hope that you will do a write up of it as you finish. Maybe on the Campaign Builders Guild.

NymTevlyn

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    I have to say that I am loving this map! The map has a nice clean style to it, and looks very good. All of the different elements (fonts, symbols, colors, etc.) fit together quite well. There is nothing that stands out as not fitting in the map style.

I also like the concept of the world, and I hope that you will do a write up of it as you finish. Maybe on the Campaign Builders Guild.
    Already in progress: http://heavensgate.wikidot.com/start

It's actually a joint project.

Some alternative names for your mountain:

The Great Barrier
    The Great Fist
    Mount Great
    Giant's Fist (or hand or whatever)
    Heart Mountain
    The Hive (if there's a lot of caves or something)
    The Stone Desert
    The High Guardian
    Ceiling of the World
    The Great Rising
    Mount Shadow (because it's so huge it's casting an enormous shadow!?)
    Horizon's End
    Mount Abandon all hope as everyone dies here (ok, losing it here...)
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 03-31-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

NymTevlyn

The mountain plays a vital role in the Hakori tribal culture. It is the abode of the Gods to them. Too many gods to name. Perhaps Godsmount would work. Although the Hive would be interesting thanks to the ah, copyrighted monsters my friend converted to 4th edition. I kinda like Dragon Mountain though. And make it the real Dragon Mountain that plane shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by NymTevlyn View Post
    The mountain plays a vital role in the Hakori tribal culture. It is the abode of the Gods to them. Too many gods to name. Perhaps Godsmount would work. Although the Hive would be interesting thanks to the ah, copyrighted monsters my friend converted to 4th edition.
    Gods Abode
    House of the Gods
    Mystic Mount
    Gods Fortress
    Mount of the Elders
    High Mountain
    Spirit's End
    Spirit Ceiling
    The Spirit Hive
    Here Be Gods (losing it again, ack!)

I am trying to get my names into your map here
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

NymTevlyn

Elder Mountain might work. I'll run it by Brigand. They're the real mastermind behind this map. I'm just contributing ideas and some techniques in photoshop.

NymTevlyn

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast