Thread: Hello Friends!

Post Hello Friends!

Hello!
    Ever since I was a kid and my father first introduced me to the concept of graph paper, I've been drawing maps. I made huge sprawling cities out of graph paper of medieval and fantasy realms, complete with trade routes, building names, districts, and landscapes.

As I grew into my college years I became associated with DnD, and obviously that grabbed my attention immediately. I've been DM-ing my own homebrewed worlds for almost 2 years now. As I work on my latest project I found this site and it seemed like the place for me.

So um, hello everyone! Glad to make your acquaintance!

Hello jzaustin295, welcome to The Cartographers Guild. Other than the parental influence you experienced, my journey has been pretty much the same. I do maps for my RPG games primarily. This place has a lot of amazing mappers which often leave me both in awe and jealous of their talent. Come on in, browse around, enjoy. Best wishes, niekell.
    Do not stare too long into the Abyss, lest the Abyss stare back into you.

Welcome to the Guild, I'm glad you decided to join us! I look forward to seeing some of your work as well. Are you still doing most of your mapping with traditional tools?

- Josh

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    Welcome to the Guild, I'm glad you decided to join us! I look forward to seeing some of your work as well. Are you still doing most of your mapping with traditional tools?

- Josh
    I actually primarily use Wonderdraft and Dungeondraft now. The programs are incredible for what I use them for and I can honestly just get lost in fiddling in them for hours on end.

I’ve only dabbled with them since I just enjoy the process of drawing, but they do seem like pretty fun apps to just enjoy the process of creating.

- Josh