Thread: The Mirrored World

Default The Mirrored World

Hello! So I am have started capturing one of my own Universe s, the Mirrored World. As you might notice from the shapes this looks a lot like Europe: That's because it was created as a copied (mirrored) version of the world. This was done in mid 17th century by a small group of witches and wizards who tried to escape witch hunts (and we're trying to protect their entire community). These individuals, nower days known as 'gods' are portrayed in the border:

Jaspar (the Satyr guy in the upper left corner) is the one who developed the technique. He also sacrificed his body in the process and his spirit has since been caught inside the world they created. He is their leader and Alwins older brother. Jaspar has lost his child to the witch-hunt and spent every waking hour after that protecting the community. Jaspar used to be forgotten by many generations of witches in the mirrored world.

Miwak (the native American bear man) came to Europe after he was picked up by the madam on a visit to the new world. She offered him a place to belong after he lost his entire tribe to the white men: Her very own freak show. He is adapted but has never left behind his beliefs. Miwak is the main god of Miwakia, and the person its royalty used to claim to be a decendant of.

Yrmel (the flower girl) is the partner and best friend of Dominik aka Alwin and was by his side for most of his life. She is a healer and has picked up the pieces more often than not. Yrmel had to disguise her being a witch from Alwin for a long time because he was raised by the monks to belief he was an avanging angel sent to hunt witches (and punished severely any time he couldn't or wouldn't fulfill his duty). Yrmel later on became his wife and mother of his children. Yrmel is considered the main goddess of Brujia, which is a country reigned by a council of witches - all female.

Alwin (the "angel" dude) was kidnapped as a kid by monks and given the name Dominik by them. He was brutally trained to be their chain dog - a famous witchhunter. Whenever his time allowed it though he rather spent his time healing. He specifically went into plague ridden villages and saved people with his magic performing "wonders". Jaspar - whom he did not recognize to be his brother and who only figured out who Alwin was after a while - used to be his main objective, until at some point he saved him and slowly gained his trust and reintegrated him into the witching community.

Madam Elodie (the owl Lady with dwarfism): Usually just refered to as the Madam is a member of the nobility of France but was never highly recognized due to her dwarfism. She travelled a lot and at some point started a freak show - to which both Konrad and Miwak belong. They are not however her property. The members are more like one big Family giving each other purpose and a place to belong. The Madam is the main goddess of Bladmina, where you can - and should - be exactly who you are. Self expression is valued a lot there.

Konrad (the Naga) is a blind snakeman and acrobat (rope dancer mainly). He used to be a farmers boy who was blinded by raiding soldiers of the swedish army. When the freak show passed they gave him freedom and he loves being with them. Konrad has a squirrel monkey as a familiar whom he communicates with telepathically and who is his seeing eye monkey. Konrad is the main god of Zwiland.

Anyway, enough about that, here is my initial sketch. Still lots to be done!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adobe Scan Sep 17, 2021_1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	293.8 KB 
ID:	131189

Guild Member Facebook Connected Brendo's Avatar

I loved the concept, I'm excited to see what is coming!!!

So I have continued with the lineart of the frame. It's not done yet, but I wanted to give an update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCI20211019_0002.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	477.8 KB 
ID:	131563

Very interested in seeing how this progresses! Keep us updated!