Thread: Village of Avanseöt - my first

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Post Village of Avanseöt - my first

Well, I've finally finished my first map since I joined this forum. No WIP-thread this time, because it really was more of a 'private' try-out before the "real stuff". Still, I'm kind of surprised at how it's turned out.
    Since I've never really done a lot of mapmaking in PS, I decided to check out a few tuts first. The one I used the most is this one by Pyrandon. I added the hedges and stone walls myself. The trees were done using Ascension's Mini Tutorial on Photoshop Trees, with slightly brighter colours. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite get the hang of "shrubbery", so I left it out. In retrospect, I think I would have been better of doing most of the trees with a pattern like in Pyrandon's tutorial, because of the flexibility and then use the tree brush for individual trees and plants. Does anyone know where I can find some neat top-down forest pattern (photo-realistic)?

I've left out the labels on purpose. I simply haven't decided on any names yet. I will when I use it for the D&D campaign I'm going to run.

Any critique/advice is more than welcome. Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avanseot.jpg 
Views:	1704 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	11838