Thread: Map of Paris... in the Magna Vampyria

Map Map of Paris... in the Magna Vampyria

Hey Guild !

As the book just released, it's time to share this map I drew for the Tome 2 of Victor Dixen's series Vampyria. I shared the first map here last year and we're now entering deeper in the Magna Vampyria, exploring its capital, Paris.

Usual things-to-know :
    - Roughly 21x17cm,
    - Hand made in Photoshop 21 using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16,
    - Commissionned map for "La Cour des Miracles" (VAMPYRIA) by Victor Dixen (@victordixen @collectionr).

"Paris" - 2021 - All rights reserved
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ParisVampyria_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	650.6 KB 
ID:	130278

Close up pics on Instagram 1, 2, https://www.instagram.com/p/CQJgw3-rNqP/

Prints available on InPRNT and on Redbubble.

I love all the buildings drawings, so cool.

The subtle tone effects (buildings shown at night, the red river, etc.) are stunning. Lovely work.

Again a great one! Love the palette! Was it hard to make the map since it is based on old Paris? I can imagine you had to omit some artistic choices because the sake of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    I love all the buildings drawings, so cool.
    Thanks so much, Qed ! Drawing the buildings was probably the most interesting part of the map ^^

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    The subtle tone effects (buildings shown at night, the red river, etc.) are stunning. Lovely work.
    The client had a very specific color scheme for this map, which needed to be dark, red, mysterious, but still in line with the first map we worked on together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Again a great one! Love the palette! Was it hard to make the map since it is based on old Paris? I can imagine you had to omit some artistic choices because the sake of reality.
    Definitely. The first intention was to draw the important buildings in the map itself on perspective, but the map is quite small, and the scale wasn't satisfying at all, as you can see on this early WIP for the Sorbonne :
    Name:  ParisVampyria_buidingconcept_by_MistyBeee.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  14.3 KB
    So I suggested the miniatures in the border and a smaller map instead of this initial plan, with one unique compromise for the fortified walls. In order to maximise the size for everything (miniatures big enough to allow details, map big enough to identify streets... we had to make lower expectations on the border, which is way simpler than what we originally planned. But at the end, it was a very interesting exercise

Glad we're finally able to discover the final result ! This is gorgeous, as always.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Great work MistyBeee! You'r maps layouts are always original and aesthetically appealing, as the border and the tiny details! And I'm not a fan of "Victorian" style

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Glad we're finally able to discover the final result ! This is gorgeous, as always.
    Thanks Marc ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Great work MistyBeee! You'r maps layouts are always original and aesthetically appealing, as the border and the tiny details! And I'm not a fan of "Victorian" style
    I'm glad you enjoy it, Tom, especially if it's not your favorite style

Excellent map! I'm wondering why those old european cities like Paris or London seems always good places for vampires .

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Love your complex yet highly readable style; this is yet another example of your craft. This is really great work! I'm unsure if I can rep you again, but if I can I will
    Visit me on ArtStation.