Thread: Hi everyone!

Default Hi everyone!

Hello everyone!

I suppose this is a fairly generic hello post, so I appreciate you taking the time to click on it at all dear stranger. I'm new here, as you may have surmised, though I did make my account several months ago. I am quite enthusiastic about all things fantasy and world-building and maps, however I have rarely conversed with others about this hobby. That is something I wished to change, and so, here I am.

My name is Samuel Harven, though you may simply call me Sam. I'm a university student, studying something entirely unrelated to mapmaking and fantasy. I live in the Netherlands, though I have no ancestral ties here. I would consider myself a denizen of the world in that sense. I enjoy puzzles, GMing, reading Branderson Sanderson (the audio books read by Micheal Kramer are especially good), JoJo's references, and of course drawing maps. I'd say I have a fairly easily pleased sense of humor and I'm quite terrible at using social media, although I am trying really hard to get into Instagram.

I'll see you around the forums,
    Cheers,
    Sam

Welcome to the Guild Sam, I'm glad you decided to join us! Nice to see another Sanderson fan, and I love the audiobook versions as well. Definitely one of the most consistent authors currently writing. Have you done any of his maps yet?

See you around!
    - Josh

Thank you!
    Very kind of you to drop by, Josh. I actually follow you on instagram, so it's quite a surprise to see that you're the first (and perhaps only one) to respond to my welcome message. I haven't really tried my hand at any of the Cosmere maps. My favourites are definitely Roshar and to a lesser extent per-catacendre Scadrial. A lot of the other ones like Arelon or Taldain (light side) looka a bit too inorganic for my liking. Maybe I'll artistically interpret them in the future.

Cheers,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by samuel.harven View Post
    Thank you!
    Very kind of you to drop by, Josh. I actually follow you on instagram, so it's quite a surprise to see that you're the first (and perhaps only one) to respond to my welcome message. I haven't really tried my hand at any of the Cosmere maps. My favourites are definitely Roshar and to a lesser extent per-catacendre Scadrial. A lot of the other ones like Arelon or Taldain (light side) looka a bit too inorganic for my liking. Maybe I'll artistically interpret them in the future.

Cheers,
    Sam
    That’s awesome, you should definitely give one of them a try. Always fun to see different artists’s interpretations of a map. I will see you around!

- Josh

Default Hi sam,

Quote Originally Posted by samuel.harven View Post
    Hello everyone!

I suppose this is a fairly generic hello post, so I appreciate you taking the time to click on it at all dear stranger. I'm new here, as you may have surmised, though I did make my account several months ago. I am quite enthusiastic about all things fantasy and world-building and maps, however I have rarely conversed with others about this hobby. That is something I wished to change, and so, here I am.

My name is Samuel Harven, though you may simply call me Sam. I'm a university student, studying something entirely unrelated to mapmaking and fantasy. I live in the Netherlands, though I have no ancestral ties here. I would consider myself a denizen of the world in that sense. I enjoy puzzles, GMing, reading Branderson Sanderson (the audio books read by Micheal Kramer are especially good), JoJo's references, and of course drawing maps. I'd say I have a fairly easily pleased sense of humor and I'm quite terrible at using social media, although I am trying really hard to get into Instagram.

I'll see you around the forums,
    Cheers,
    Sam
    Welcome to join us.
    I'm srabon from Bangladesh I'm a professional graphic designer at [link removed by mod].
    If you need any help feel free message me.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-15-2021 at 05:16 PM.