Quote Originally Posted by altasilvapuer View Post
After first stumbling across this forum, and finding Karro's work on his most recent map, I felt the urge to get (semi-back) into cartography. I loved his approach to his world, so I've taken a similar mindset with my own, so far.

....etc....

Next step once these are reasonably blocked in will be biomes and rivers, I think.

-asp

Looking good so far. You've done a great job at placing the tectonics and the coriolis patterns.

And wow, it warms my heart to be cited as a source of inspiration, even if my own maps are a little lacking in the coolness-factor as yet. Good luck!

As to oceanic circulations, my understanding is that they generally follow a pattern similar to air-currents and the coriolis effect, except their flow is impeded by the land masses in the way. As such, water circulates in a generally clockwise fashion in the northern hemisphere and a counterclockwise fashion in the southern hemisphere. Given that, I think your southern seas are about as close as mere mortals can get.

Also; Alta Silva Puer... would that be "High Forest Boy" or something similar? It's been a few years since latin, for me.