Thread: Vallee Mystique : Rivermania Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Will hold off on commenting, 'til I see a bit more. But definitely shaping up nicely.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks.

It's going to be a couple of days before I get another update ready as I am strongly considering jfrazier's input about the scale of things. I was struck by an idea this morning as I was eating breakfast, but to implement it, not only will I have to change the scale, but I will likely also have to extrapolate areas beyond the edges of the template. If it works out right, the end result should make for a rather interesting map that still meets the general rules of geography as we know them.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Wip

So I took a few days and actually spent some time on vacation, just getting away from home and what not. One of the things I did was take some time to visit a couple of wolf sanctuaries along the Oregon coast and in southern Oregon. Have to say that it was well worth all the driving to have a chance to get to know a few of my favorite furry totems. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures as I forgot to bring my camera. Still, it was very relaxing for me. Now, however, I'm back, and back to work on this project.

Now that I'm mostly happy with the way the dunes and/or beach areas are starting to turn out, I decided to refine my mountain techniques. Well, at least I'm trying to refine them a bit. I'm also reconsidering my scale (as mentioned in a previous post). With PSP 6.00 being as limited as it is, I'm struggling a bit with the layer effects I'm using, but, again, I think I'm getting close. The big thing is going to be getting the mountains to look natural in the sense of how they're laid out as opposed to having them look too "planned." I'll probably have to add a little roughness beneath them to get them to blend in better, but that will depend mostly on how the vegetation process works out. In any event, comments and suggestions are still more than welcome.

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VM Version 1_0_3a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	12210  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges