Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Moonwater Coast (experimental Photoshop/Wonderdraft hybrid)

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

My original idea in exploring Wonderdraft anew was two-fold. For one, I wanted to check whether I can use the program to streamline some of the more time-consuming steps that usually are involved with map-making. For me, that'd be mountains and forests, since both draing, shading and coloring these makes up a siginificant part of the time I spend on a map. That, and my mountain style pretty much doesn't change, and what I've created in custom mountain assets by now (the above map is not representative for this) more or less covers 90% of whatever mountains I usually put on my maps anyway.

That part works really well (given the natural limitations of a set of assets compared to freeform drawing), and I've got a set of 38 mountains now, colored and shaded for four different climates (northern blue-ish mountains, standard grey mountains, desert mountains, and dry-brown mountains), with the first two also available with snowy tops. The tree assets also work great, and I've also saved them as snow-covered versions as well.

Now orignally, I thought about putting these custom assets up for sale, with the idea being to add more packs lateron. But since they are almost of the same quality as what I offer on my "handtailored" maps, I'm now wary if doing so isn't the equivalent of cutting off the branch that I'm sitting on. :/

Great map Wired. Nice land colours and i love the trees!
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Now orignally, I thought about putting these custom assets up for sale, with the idea being to add more packs lateron. But since they are almost of the same quality as what I offer on my "handtailored" maps, I'm now wary if doing so isn't the equivalent of cutting off the branch that I'm sitting on. :/
    I definitely wouldn't. Your unque style is one of your strongest selling points, don't think it's the best idea to sell that as assets!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I definitely wouldn't. Your unque style is one of your strongest selling points, don't think it's the best idea to sell that as assets!
    Yeah, that's what I've been thinking, too.

Great work on this Wired! The mammoth skull was a nice touch.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12