Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorials in PDF Format

Yay!!!!!!!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Info New Tutorials Posted

Hello, joão paulo and Valarian.

Thank you for posting links to your already made tutorials. I have added them to the sescond post in this thread (the Other Members Tutorial post).

To All.

I have repackaged Ascension's excellent tutorial titled "Making Atlas Style Maps in Photoshop". It is now available as a PDF document in the first post of this thread.

Regards,

Gary
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Info New Tutorial available in first post

To All.

I have repackaged waldronate's excellent tutorial titled "Fractal Terrains Pro Tutorial". It is now available as a PDF document in the first post of this thread.

Regards,

Gary
    © May 29, 1980

Info New Tutorial Link Posted

Hi, All.

Just wanted to let you know that I've added ravells' Create a non-destructive editable map in Photoshop" tutorial to the post that includes tutorials from other members.

Regards,

Gary
    © May 29, 1980

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Help

Will someone please, Please, PLEASE sticky this thread already!?!?!

This is waaay too helpful to be relegated to the second page. At any time

Thanks muchly
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Will someone please, Please, PLEASE sticky this thread already!?!?!

This is waaay too helpful to be relegated to the second page. At any time

Thanks muchly
    Ask and ye shall receive!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Praise Thank you!

Hello, All.

Thank you , NeonKnight, for stickying this thread. I really appreciate your doing so.

I want everyone to know that I haven't forgotten my "mission", rather, my on-line time have been rather curtailed. I work as a government contractor at the North Carolina National Guard and the UIS DoD has put a policy in place that limits you to one hour of Internet time per day to sites that are on a n approved list. Cartographers' Guild is not on the list.

Consequently, the onlhy time I can visit the site is in the evenings and weekends when there are a million other things pulling at my available time. I shall continue PDFing tutorials so, never fear, you that have tutorials waiting shall have them eventually PDFed.

Regards,

Gary
    © May 29, 1980

Post Pdf version

Well, i would like to join to this initiative, i already did one conversion without knowing it existed a post about it already.

I did a PDF version of jfrazierjr "Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP(and PS)"

Im gonna add the file here, so you can leave your comment about the format and stuff. I would like to know if i can use the logos of the community, it would be great if we can have all those tutorials on one format and with the Cartographers logo on it.

(Maybe we can do a concentrated tome latter XD)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jfrazierjr GIMP LAYERS TUT.pdf  

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Tutorial New PDF Tutorial posted

Hello, All.

Well, after a V - E - R - Y long hiatus due to a variety of health-related, work-related and life-related issues, I've made my way back to The Carotographer's Guild. I've missed y'all and ceratinly hope all has been well with you.

I thought it only fitting that I "announce" my return by posting another PDF tutorial. In the first post of this thread, you'll find a new link in the Photoshop Tutorials section (at the end of the post). Available there is pyrandon's "A medieval town map in Photoshop" tutorial now offered as a "take-away" PDF document.

A question of help -- I've either completely forgotten how to attach a file as a URL link or the way to attach files has changed? I could only figure out to attach it "IN-LINE" which makes the PDF document a clickable thumbnail. Can attachments still be attached as a URL link? I sure like some help on this question, thanks.!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone again.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)
    Durham, NC USA
    © May 29, 1980

Hey Vandy!

It's great to see you back with us. As for the attachment system, it has changed some with the forum upgrade. I'm not 100 percent sure about non-image attachments, but you should be able to attach files via the "Insert Attachment" button in the upload window. As I understand it, the "In-line" button serves in the same way as linking to a thumbnail image in user galleries not so long ago. Then again, I could be 100 percent wrong about all of that, but I'm sure that someone (maybe Arcana or RobA) will be along shortly to clarify the issue.

And again, Welcome Back!

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast